Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
Lift Off Hood Playground
12/15/17 at 07:07:20
News:
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
A12's with early racing history. (Read 42838 times)
b-body-bob
6 BBL/Six Pack Member

NOTHIN’ BUT THE FUNK

Re: A12's with early racing history.
Reply #75 - 03/24/15 at 15:26:05

This may already be here but it just showed up today in my tumblr account

tumblr_nll7rqk7yy1s3pgtho1_1280.jpg

Everybody makes fun of a hillbilly until they need something fixed
View Profile   IP Logged
gtsuperbee
6 BBL/Six Pack Member

I'm going to
hell...who's coming
with me?

Reply #76 - 03/24/15 at 21:46:00

Sweet

10919048_775014519254255_3726317143888406210_n.jpeg
View Profile   IP Logged
Gary Fischer
1 BBL/Pack Member

Lift Off Hoods
Forever!

Reply #77 - 04/15/15 at 23:28:30

Don't know if this runner has been discussed on the site before, while I was showing my A12 bee at Autorama in TO this year I met up with a guy who owned and raced this car from 70 to 72 he bought it in Toronto as a dealer repo for 1200.00. He was later told that it was the only Black A12 runner that was sold in Canada.
Before I get to long winded may be some one else will chime in on this car if it is familiar.
I have the entire history on this runner and would be glad to share it.
It is what I call a local car as you can see in the photo of the car at Sauble Beach Ont. [img][/img]

RonRombough_CarPhoto.jpg
View Profile   IP Logged
Dave Carson
A12 Administrator

A12 World
Headquarters

Reply #78 - 04/17/15 at 09:01:09

There was an original Ontario black car that Kevin use to own. It needed quite a bit of rust repair. He use to post years ago on the original message board. Car was sold to Florida in would say over 10 years ago now.
I can't remember if it was a coupe or a hardtop, but it was a 4-speed car. I will try and narrow it down some more.

I can't wait to hear the story on it.

Dave

1969-1/2 Six Pack Super Bee F6 Hardtop
Car #27 - Lift Off Hood Registry
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Dave Watt
A12 Moderator

A12 numbers guy

Reply #79 - 04/19/15 at 12:56:11

Cool photos guys.

Gathering A12 fender tag information, fender tag photos, broadcast sheet copies, and window sticker copies for documentation. Confidentiality assured.
View Profile   IP Logged
Gary Fischer
1 BBL/Pack Member

Lift Off Hoods
Forever!

Reply #80 - 04/19/15 at 19:54:48

In regards to the black runner I will repeat what was provided to me by Ron Rombough the 2nd owner of the car.
The car was bought new from Paul Willison in Toronto by an 18 yr old with his mothers down payment. He could not keep up the payments and the Runner was repo'd by the dealer. It went to the owner of a Sunoco station on Victoria Park in Toronto.I was informed by the parts manager at Willisons that car was for sale in the fall of 1970. I paid $1200.00 for the car and drove it thru the winter of 70 & 71. I raced the car in D/PS at Georgetown and Cayuga, turning best time of 13.40 @ 105 MPH. I was no Ronnie Sox on the 4 speed. The car won Pure Stock Eliminator one Sat. nite @ Georgetown. I had borrowed the money from my mother to buy the car and she needed the money back to buy a new 72 Dodge Demon. I had to make a choice between keeping the 6 pack car or my 69 Superbee I also owned at the time. I couldn't afford to keep both and my father had cosigned the loan so that I could get the Bee that I still own to this day.
If I had waited a month I could have orderd an A12 .the car was well known and couldn't get a street race. I was later told that my car was the only black A12 RR to be sold in Canada. Do not know if that is true or not. I sold it in the spring of 72 to a guy in Uxbridge who overrevved and scattered the engine. It sat for approx. 20 yrs until someone named Kevin bought it and attempted a restoration that did no work out and sold it to some one in Florida, that's the last I heard of it.
I am presently in the process of my Original 69 Bee restoration, the odometer only shows 40000 miles to this day,most of those came from travelling from Scarboro to Cayuga and back on a regular basis.
The car should be completed for next year--it has not been driven since 93 when I brought it back to Geulph.
I would really like to find out who presently owns the RR so that I may share some history with them.
May be going to FL after Moparfest and would love to see the car again.

I said to Ron that I would see what turns up once this is posted on the site and I would help as much as I could so maybe this will jog some memories and someone may know of the car.
Also Ron would like to be a member of this A12 community and I will suggest he do so.

View Profile   IP Logged
Dave Carson
A12 Administrator

A12 World
Headquarters

Reply #81 - 04/19/15 at 20:57:58

Sounds to be the same car. Kevin had it for sale for awhile at $10k with no takers until the guy from Florida snapped it up.

He has a black '71 GTX now.

Is there any more pics of the black Runner?

Thanks for taking the time to share the story!  

Dave

1969-1/2 Six Pack Super Bee F6 Hardtop
Car #27 - Lift Off Hood Registry
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
sparkey
4 BBL/Pack Member

Lift Off Hoods
Forever!

Reply #82 - 04/20/15 at 07:23:22

I am a Florida native and sure wished I knew of this black A12. I know of 9 A12 cars in Florida now, and be willing to bet there is more. I will keep my eye out for this black A12

View Profile   IP Logged
Gary Fischer
1 BBL/Pack Member

Lift Off Hoods
Forever!

Reply #83 - 04/20/15 at 09:37:42

I believe this is the only picture that he still had in his possession Dave but I will speak with Ron on the possibility of others.
Pretty cool if it showed up as the 10th A12 car that you know of in Florida.
Good possibility that it is RM21M9A277065 listed on the registry as a RR sold in Toronto.

View Profile   IP Logged
A12
6 BBL/Six Pack Member

Lift Off Hoods
Forever!

Reply #84 - 10/09/15 at 19:42:58

I just did a quick scroll through this thread and didn't see this one. Mike O'Malley's Road Runner

Anyone know anything on this one that "appears" to be an A12 as it was in the 1970 Indy U.S. Nationals and listed as the SS/FA class winner and listed here as "Powered by Carbureted Gas 440 Plymouth by Ramchargers with automatic transmission"  

http://www.draglist.com/draglist/search.php?SORTBY=&ASCDESC=ASC&search=S earch&VIEW=Extended&LASTUPDATER=Mike+O%27Malley  

The only photo I could find so far  cry

Mike_O_Malley_440_Road_Runner.png
View Profile   IP Logged
A12
6 BBL/Six Pack Member

Lift Off Hoods
Forever!

Reply #85 - 10/09/15 at 19:44:51

Found it reading a MSN story on the '66 Hemi Charger when I saw the results list from the '70 Indy Nationals, at the bottom of the list

AAfd0VX_001.jpg
View Profile   IP Logged
Muscle Mopars
1 BBL/Pack Member

Lift Off Hoods
Forever!

Reply #86 - 01/27/17 at 10:25:30

This one I just picked up has spent some time on the track.  The glove box had several low 10 second time slips in it!  The car is a one owner 21K mile car.  The story is it the engine and rear end were stolen out of it in '71 or '72 and then the car just sat until the late '80's early '90's when he decided to go drag racing.  The car is 100% rust free but does have a few modifications.  Nothing that couldn't be changed back though!  It is T5 T5 MT2 T7 and an early build.  Don't see ones like this every day!

A12_RR_in_shop.jpg
Email View Profile   IP Logged
Dave Watt
A12 Moderator

A12 numbers guy

Reply #87 - 01/27/17 at 14:42:53

Beautiful Road Runner Muscle Mopars. We saw it on Ebay  but couldn't read the fender tag well enough to see all the codes. Pretty early build.

Gathering A12 fender tag information, fender tag photos, broadcast sheet copies, and window sticker copies for documentation. Confidentiality assured.
View Profile   IP Logged
6bblbird
2 BBL/Pack Member

Lift Off Hoods
Forever!

Reply #88 - 06/22/17 at 22:07:12

Here are a few pics of mine from it's glory days!

It's debut in Stock Eliminator. Englishtown 1977

1990 Division One points race win (top) and 1995 Summernationals

At US 13 Maryland with a Hemi:

Hard launch at Maple Grove:

WF

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print