Email View Profile   IP Logged
Coop
A12 Moderator

...so when does
government's 'A12
welfare' start?

Re: Engine Painting
Reply #61 - 02/17/10 at 10:33:54

Ed, Scott, ...thanks. But as far as referring to info found here at the forum to help with resto work... we will be posting Danes resto picture collection of the recent B Body Nats winner. It should be up this week under the 'Projects' section. Anyone doing an OE type resto will have every little detail in vivid large image detail to follow. It'll linked to a slideshow format similar to mine. Trust me, there are no secrets held back from what I've seen so far. We will all learn quite a lot about factory resto detailing and getting the little stuff correct from Dane and his Nats winner.

Kid, Day2, Rick...Thanks guys. As has been said here many times, we help and inspire each other. Kid's web site was an inspiration way, way, way back when. Good luck with your projects guys.  

Pete, thanks. I was talking to Mike about needing a tail panel but since then have it worked out. Waiting for Mark at Classic Metal Finishing who states the item will be annodized the end of this month, then finished and shipped. So I'm good for now. But thanks for the offer as I know you are the man as far as having parts from all the Bees you've had over the years. BTW still need a May wheel. Wink

Ed, thanks. Much appreciated...and now, if it's not asking too much, I'd like some of that amazing luck you've been hoarding! I'm talking about the 'high compression' car that dropped into your lap. WOW! Good thing it happened to a great guy, would've been hard to take if not. Of course we're all looking forward to your future FAST adventures with both kids. Fantastic family togetherness story.      

Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Scott SixPack Robinson
6 BBL/Six Pack Member

The Last Badass
Package Car.

Reply #62 - 02/17/10 at 11:13:17

Quote from Coop on 02/17/10 at 10:33:54:
... we will be posting Danes resto picture collection of the recent B Body Nats winner. It should be up this week under the 'Projects' section. Anyone doing an OE type resto will have every little detail in vivid large image detail to follow. It'll linked to a slideshow format similar to mine. Trust me, there are no secrets held back from what I've seen so far. We will all learn quite a lot about factory resto detailing and getting the little stuff correct from Dane and his Nats winner.

That will be great to see all those photos, I'm coming into a stage on mine where they will be a big help, after doing nothing but E bodies for years, I need all the help I can get with these B's, lol

Super Bee - WM23M9A 270637 F6, 4-Speed
Road Runner - RM23M9A 246385 R4, 4-Speed (949002)

"Yes, I'm a Big Fan of H Wheels on A12 Cars" Smiley
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
badsixpack
6 BBL/Six Pack Member

Lift Off Hoods
Forever!

Reply #63 - 02/17/10 at 14:23:32

Quote from Coop on 02/17/10 at 10:33:54:
Ed, Scott, ...thanks. But as far as referring to info found here at the forum to help with resto work... we will be posting Danes resto picture collection of the recent B Body Nats winner. It should be up this week under the 'Projects' section. Anyone doing an OE type resto will have every little detail in vivid large image detail to follow. It'll linked to a slideshow format similar to mine. Trust me, there are no secrets held back from what I've seen so far. We will all learn quite a lot about factory resto detailing and getting the little stuff correct from Dane and his Nats winner.

Kid, Day2, Rick...Thanks guys. As has been said here many times, we help and inspire each other. Kid's web site was an inspiration way, way, way back when. Good luck with your projects guys.  

Pete, thanks. I was talking to Mike about needing a tail panel but since then have it worked out. Waiting for Mark at Classic Metal Finishing who states the item will be annodized the end of this month, then finished and shipped. So I'm good for now. But thanks for the offer as I know you are the man as far as having parts from all the Bees you've had over the years. BTW still need a May wheel. Wink

Ed, thanks. Much appreciated...and now, if it's not asking too much, I'd like some of that amazing luck you've been hoarding! I'm talking about the 'high compression' car that dropped into your lap. WOW! Good thing it happened to a great guy, would've been hard to take if not. Of course we're all looking forward to your future FAST adventures with both kids. Fantastic family togetherness story.    

If That tail panel don't work out I have one..Pete

Email View Profile ace71x@aol   IP Logged
Coop
A12 Moderator

...so when does
government's 'A12
welfare' start?

Reply #64 - 10/23/10 at 10:00:01

Update as I'm getting emails once in awhile from new guys interested in engine painting who found the Playground but haven't found this thread. Again, I don't pretend to be an expert, (far from it!), check with others before assuming this info is worth following...

Thanks for the generous tail panel offer Pete! I did find finally find a trim finisher who delivers quality at competitive cost:  
Mark Shank  
Classic Metal Finishing LLC
5847 S 775 E
Pierceton, IN 46562-9775  
Phone: (574) 527-0532  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az8lprLnKHM

Heads failed on start up which was at first my worst nightmare. I was worried that a rebuild would ruin the new paint. Not the case at all! Engine was carefully disasembled and rebuilt with new 906 ported, 11.5 to 1, lumpy hydralic cam. It really wasn't that hard to execute while maintaining the overall quality of the new urethane paint. I don't think I would've had the same luck had the paint been of the less hard store bought (spray can) variety.  

New heads and cam are in. Car is finally running.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-DbU6Kr7Js
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A8hnECF140

Also, here's the link to Dane's award winning resto which helps those involved in OEM projects:
http://a12mopar.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1267059449

Finally, there are lots of other ongoing restos in the "Projects" forum to find very helpful info. If you've run into special concerns it's likely someone else has experienced the same issues here:
http://a12mopar.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=projects

Good luck!

Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
BigDaddy440
1 BBL/Pack Member

Lift Off Hoods
Forever!

Reply #65 - 10/25/10 at 04:25:38

Very nice indeed. I've never even thought about painting the engine after its completely assembled. Interesting.....great job!

Email View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print